Health Informatics: Computers are essential in the healthcare industry, particularly in the developing discipline of health informatics, which uses data to improve healthcare delivery. However, when the enormous capabilities of computers suddenly stop working, consumers need IT support to troubleshoot and maintain operating systems.
You can learn more about health information and IT with the new Health Informatics + Google IT Support online certificate, created jointly by Google. This Program combines the Google IT Support certificate with a micro_certificate in healthcare informatics. You will gain Knowledge of computer networks, hardware, and software, and the most effective ways to use these capabilities in a healthcare environment.
The Program provides you with an introduction to the principles of regulatory requirements to protect health information in the healthcare industry, enhances your understanding of the various components of database management systems, and enhances your communication skills to provide a better service to health professionals. The program also covers HIPAA compliance challenges, code of conduct guidelines, quality assurance techniques in decision-making, and best practices for protecting private health information.
The Benefits of the Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate Program
This Program provides you with the fundamentals of health IT, a growing field, as well as the tools you will need to begin your career in IT support. What you will discover is
- laws governing protected health information
- Rules and Duties of Health Information Specialists
- Access and disclosure of health information is subject to privacy regulation, including password security and authorization
- Components of a database management system for storing and retrieving health information
- The stages of creating a health information system
- Many elements of the electronic health record and the method by which interested parties exchange information
- Important technologies for health information management collection and analysis of key parameters to evaluate the effectiveness of healthcare.
- Principles of quality assurance in healthcare
Health Informatics Job Titles and Responsibilities
You can prepare for an entry-level IT job in the health information industry with the help of the Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate program. After completing the program, employment opportunities may arise as a computer user support specialist. These professionals, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, help clients use hardware and software, answer computer questions, and troubleshoot computer problems.
Other Professional implications include:
- Billing and accounting clerk
- Health information technician
- Health records experts
What’s Next With the Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate
This degree program can serve as a stepping stone toward continuing education, certification, or a degree in a different field. For example, a graduate of this degree could begin working in IT Support for the healthcare industry, but could also transfer their credits to enroll in a health information management degree program to increase their employment options.
Graduates with a bachelor of science in health information management can find employment in the following fields:
- Specialized in clinical documentation
- Computer Officer
- Health Information Quality auditor
- Also, include Health Information Technician
- Medical biller, Medical Coder, and Healthcare services manager
- Medical Records Technician
- Patient Information Coordinator Privacy Officer
Take the Next Step With the Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate
The distinctive learning approach of this certification program is designed to position you for success in your field of study and apply for IT Support jobs in the healthcare industry